I was looking for a simple dessert of my traditional tuesday night dinners. So naturally I turned to Domestic Rebel.
Here is the recipe:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 & ½ cups – 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & ½ cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1 quart (1.5) vanilla ice cream, softened to room temperature
I just grabbed a disposable tin pan from the grocery store to make this cake.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars, creaming until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla extract to blend. Gradually add the salt and the flour until combined. Stir in ONE cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough layer evenly into the pan. Top the cookie dough layer with the softened ice cream, smoothing it over as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the ice cream with the remaining miniature chips.
- Freeze the cake for about 3 hours or until set and firm. Cut into squares and serve!
It was a pretty tasty cake, I wish I just put more on it, like hot fudge or something. Cookie dough isn’t really my thing, so it was alright but everyone else seemed to like it!