This one my cousin paul found through a friend. Entered into the New York State Fair, Culinary Arts Competition. We found it pretty tasty.
2 Lbs Corned beef
4 NYS Russet potatoes
½ Cabbage head
sliced 6 Cloves
3 Bay leaves
1 Tbsp Butter
6 Black pepper corns
1 Tbsp Horseradish
¼ c Brown mustard
Salt Corn oil
DIRECTIONS FOR COMBINING INGREDIENTS:
1) Rinse beef. Place corned beef, bay leaves, cloves, pepper, onions, and water (to cover) into a pot. Cover, bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours
3) Add carrots and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add cabbage and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Remove meat, allow to rest, and drain the vegetables.
6) Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
7) Wash potatoes well, rub with corn oil, and lightly salt.
8) Place potatoes in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
9) While warm hollow out each potato and place ¼ Tbsp. of butter in each.
10) Shred cabbage, meat, and chop the carrots and layer into the cavity.
11) Combine mustard and horseradish. Serve with a dollop of the mixture.