I am trying to make a pumpkin treat once every weekend in october! Here is this weekends’: Thanks Girl who ate everything
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs on high speed for 5 minutes. Slowly add the white sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice and mix well. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
- Grease and flour cookie sheet. Pour batter into a rectangular shape (don’t fill the sheet), leaving space on the sides for the batter to expand while cooking. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup powdered sugar on terrycloth towel.(I used papertowels) I would put more just to ensure that your roll doesn’t stick to your cloth. Loosen roll with spatula and flip onto the towel. Gently roll with the towel rolled up inside it as well and let it cool in the fridge. This step is to get the pumpkin roll in the correct shape while cooling.
- While roll is cooling, prepare filling by mixing cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. When roll has cooled in the fridge, unroll it, remove the towel, and spread the filling evenly inside. Roll it back up and refrigerate. It’s really hard to not crack the dough when rolling but if it does don’t stress because the cracks fix themselves when it refrigerates. Also, slightly dampening the cloth helps. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into 1 inch slices to serve.
I overcooked mine so it came out not perfect circular but tasted fantastic!!! Success!