2nd Annual Cookies and cocktails was rolling around and I needed an elaborate cookie. I chose a twist on the grasshopper with a little bit more decadence. I had some trouble with melting the chocolate but they came out tasty and I would make them again! Thanks yourcupcake.
1 Box Devil’s Food Cake mix
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
2-3 C. powdered sugar
milk, if needed
green food dye, if desired
1 1/2 C. chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. butter
Andes Mint Candies, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, butter (make sure you let it cool a little so it doesn’t cook the eggs), vanilla and sugar. That batter will be still.
3. Make dough balls a little large than a Tablespoon and place on cookie sheets to bake. (You make one to pat each dough ball down a little bit because cake mix cookies tend to bake up tall.)
4. Bake for 7-9 minutes and let cool on cooling racks.
5. Mint Frosting: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add peppermint extract and slowly add it powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add 1-2 Tablespoons milk if it gets too thick. Add green dye for color if desired.
6. Chocolate Glaze: Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave proof bowl. Zap for about 30 seconds, then stir, then microwave in 10 second increments and stir until smooth.
7. To assemble (see photos). Pipe on frosting, smooth over with a knife, spoon on your glaze and top with peppermint candies.