This is a VERY decadent dessert. My friend made it for us for Tuesday night dinners, and I decided to make this for our annual labor day cookout where my dad makes clam cakes and chowder. This dessert didn’t stand a chance, it was gobbled up in less than 10 minutes. It appears to be a fancy dessert, but it is very easy to make. Thanks Mom Endeavors!
- 1 box brownie mix (or your favorite from scratch recipe)
- 1 large box or 2 small of instant chocolate pudding (approx. 4 cups)
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, broken (about 9 crackers)
- 1 tub of whipped topping
- 1 small jar of Marshmallow Creme
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- optional: 1 Hershey’s Bar
1. Start by baking a 9×13 pan of brownies according to the package directions. Once done, allow to cool and cut up into chunks. While that bakes & cools, you can mix up the pudding and chop up your graham crackers.
2. In a trifle dish add a layer of brownie pieces (for me, this was a little less than half the pan). Then, top the brownie pieces with about half of the pudding.
3. On top of the chocolate pudding, add a layer of broken graham crackers. I just broke them up in a baggie. I wanted small pieces, but not just crumbs. Make sure the chocolate pudding is covered well with the graham cracker.
4. Take half of the whipped topping from the tub and mix it in a bowl with half of the marshmallow creme. It will probably lumpy and that’s totally ok. Spread that mixture over the graham cracker layer.
5. Repeat all the layers again. You’ll end with the whipped topping mixture…
You need to broil marshmallows.…for only a few seconds! Just put about a cup (I just grabbed two handfuls) of mini-marshmallows onto a baking sheet and put them in the oven under the broiler. You canNOT walk away…in fact, don’t even look away. I didn’t even close the oven door. I stood there watching for about 10–15 seconds. The moment they start looking a little golden, take them out. Otherwise you might have a charred, gooey mess!
Let those cool, then sprinkle them over the top of the whipped layer. For added garnish, add some crushed graham crackers and some chopped up Hershey bar!
Refrigerate and Enjoy!