The is a recipe a I found on pinterest. I looked interesting to me because I had never made anything sweet in the crock pot. I figured tuesday night dinner was a good time to try it. I found these things called crock pot liners which will literally save you hours of scrubbing, and make it easy to pick up the liner and then store that in the fridge. Thanks Jamie!
box chocolate cake mix
1 1/4 C milk
1/2 C vegetable or canola oil
1 (3.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding
2 C milk
1. Grab a 3-4 quart crock pot and line it with parchment paper. Spray the inside of the paper with cooking spray. The parchment paper helps the cake cook without burning along the edges. You can make it without the paper, just be sure to watch it closely.
2. Find yourself a nice chocolate cake mix and pour it into your stand mixer or medium-sized mixing bowl.
3. Add 1 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup oil and 3 eggs. Beat on low-speed for 1 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the bowl and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the batter in nice and glossy.
4. Pour the batter into the lined crock pot.
5.Pour one small box of chocolate pudding into your stand mixer or medium-sized mixing bowl. Add 2 cups cold milk and beat it until the pudding thickens. Should take about 3-4 minutes.
6. Pour the pudding over the top of the cake batter. Don’t stir it.
7. Grab a bag of milk chocolate chips and pour the pretty little things all over the top of the pudding. Again, please do not stir it.
8. Cover the crock and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, or until the top of the cake is set.
This recipe is easy in the sense that before dinner you can throw everything into the crock pot and while your eating it will cook, and you don’t have to worry about it.
To the the truth I was not satisfied with the taste of it! To me it tasted like pudding and cake layered on one another. It didn’t have the lava cake consistency, and also didn’t have the taste. The cake would of been good in the crock pot without the pudding! My guests actually loved it. It just wasn’t my favorite, and I would make this recipe again. I am going to stick to conventional lava cake from now on.