Last Halloween, I made Amy D. an owl costume! She loved it! I used this website. It was so helpful. I ran to the store and bought fabric squares at Jo Ann Fabric and it was more than enough. I liked the tweed one and the different textures. I didn’t put it on a tee shirt, but on a long sleeve black shirt. as I looked at the picture longer I realized they glued it on a tee shirt and cut off the sleeves. Either way it works!! I also quickly made Little Adam a Charlie Brown costume out of a yellow tee shirt and black zig zag. It couldn’t be cuter!!!
-dark colored tee
-fabric scraps (50-60 feathers)
-thread and sewing machine (or permanent fabric glue)
1. Cut out the feathers from fabric scraps using the template below.
2. Begin pinning and sewing in rows from the bottom (or just line them up and glue).
3. Continue until you reach the top and then form a circle around the neckline.
4. Print out the owl mask and cut it out. With a craft knife, cut out the center eye holes.
5. Attach the mask to the sunglasses with tape. Hoot!
Click here to download the template for mask and feathers: Download file