From the book: Thug Kitchen
- ½ yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce* plus 1 tablespoon of the sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans**
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Spanish Rice
- Shredded lettuce
- Grilled Peach Salsa (see below)
- Sliced avocado
- First, make the BBQ beans: Throw the onion, tomato paste, garlic, chipotle peppers and sauce, broth, OJ, brown sugar, molasses, and soy sauce in a food processor or blender and run that fucker until a smooth sauce forms. Pour that into a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, fold in the beans, and simmer until everything is warm and the beans absorb all that flavor, 5 to 10 minutes.
- To make the burritos: Grab your tortilla and pile in a scoop of the beans, some rice, and a handful of lettuce and top with the peach salsa and some avocado. (Using foil paper when rolling your burrito actually helps to keep the shape and keep all of the ingreients inside). Serve right away because burritos wait for no motherfucker. (Seriously, it’ll get soggy, if left for too long).
* These smoked peppers come packed in sauce and are sold in a tiny can at most stores near the salsa and beans.
** Two 15-ounce cans if you aren’t cooking this shit yourself