INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- 5 garlic cloves (or to taste), minced
- 1 cup Italian 4 cheese mix
- 1 cup freshly chopped spinach
- Fresh thyme, to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F(200°C). Scrub the outside of the squash clean and cut each in half down the middle from the stem to the root end. Scoop out the seeds and scrape a bit of the flesh with a melon baller, leaving a nice border all the way around. Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream with 1/2 cup vegetable broth, cheese and spinach. Mix well. Divide the mixture into each halves, then top with additional cheese and sprinkle with additional pepper, fresh thyme and red chili flakes.
3. Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the thickness of your squash, or until the flesh of the butternut squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and serve immediately.