This is one of my favorite Recipes OF ALL TIME.
And of course its from the girl who ate Everything. She knows, because she ate everything.
- 2 boxes Devil’s food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- sprinkles or crushed candy cane for decorating ( I use sprinkles)
- green or red food coloring (optional) ( I dont do that)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil with a mixer. The batter will be very stiff. Pinch of pieces of batter and roll into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with fingertips. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately from the cookie sheets with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until completely blended. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and peppermint extract and mix until the icing is smooth. Color frosting green or red if desired. Spread half of the cookies with icing and top with remaining cookies.
- Roll in sprinkles, crushed candy canes, or just leave them plain.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags. Makes 2 dozen cookies
Its a good thing these are strictly a christmas cookie because I would make them all the time .
So the story goes like this, Mom wanted to make something for all her co workers at work, and I love making christmas cookies, so I said why not these? After I bought all the ingredients to make TWO BATCHES, ( I give out lots of baked goods at christmas) she decided that most of her co workers were on diets, and it wouldn’t be that good of an idea.
So here I am with TONS. of cookies. At first I made them pretty huge, and they were so rich that I decided I needed to make a tinier cookie. I used blue sparkly sprinkles, thats just me, but they really did turn out looking like this:
They are a bit on the time consuming side but SO TOTALLY WORTH IT.
I got cute little boxes and gave them out to everyone I knew. My mechanic, and my best friends family, and its all anyone could talk about. So now its Christmas tradition to make these, and I look forward to making them this year! Everyone looks forward to receiving them.