Easy Apple Crisp,I mean so easy. Since enrolling in a local CSA I have been trying to use fresh vegetables in fruits in different recipes. I wanted to make an Apple Crisp, only had Macintosh Apples, Even though the recipe says that it tastes great if you use a mix, and next time I will definitely do that.
- 6 medium (6 cups) apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold Land O Lakes® Butter
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place apples into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples. Bake 25-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.